The Hold Me Tight® Workshop for Couples
in San Diego: A Relationship Enrichment Program
February 16-17, 2018
Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Join us for this positive, research-based program for all couples that want to strengthen and deepen their relationship.
Hold Me Tight© Workshops are give all over the world. Since 2010, Dr. Diana Weiss-Wisdom has been facilitating these transformative weekend retreats for couples at charming Cottage Clinic in Rancho Santa Fe, California. She offers 3-4 weekend retreats a year.
The weekend takes place in a nature retreat on private property in Rancho Santa Fe, California (North Coastal Region of San Diego, California). It is a relaxing and peaceful setting that is conducive to enjoying quality time with your partner.
Our Hold Me Tight® Workshop for Couples is based on Attachment Theory, Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, and the international best-selling book "Hold Me Tight: 7 Conversations for a Lifetime of Love" by Dr. Sue Johnson.
Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy has been shown through research to be the most effective approach to helping couples:
- Change the negative cycle of repetitive arguments and distancing that can cause alienation, frustration, and pain;
- Understand emotions and needs in romantic relationships and how to tend to each other in a way that creates positive, bonding moments;
- Begin to repair old relationship injuries and how to build more trust moving forward;
- Learn and practice a new way of communicating with each other that promotes a closer connection, more effective problem solving skills, and can help you have more fun and freedom together in your life.
Over the weekend you will:
- Discover the key moments that shape romantic, loving relationships;
- Learn how to create these moments;
- Identify strengths in your relationship;
- Discover what is at the root of most conflicts;
- Learn to be more accessible, responsive and emotionally engaged with each other;
- And experience engaging, fun, positive, and interactive presentations!
This is an educational and experiential program; the format and schedule include: Educational talks, video presentations, and couple's exercises (in private, not in front of the group), with a catered lunch brought in each day (dietary preferences of attendees are always taken into consideration).
Early Bird Price of $765 per couple is extended until January 15, 2019
After that the price is $785 per couple.
Price is all inclusive: includes Workbook, Lunch, beverages, and snacks on both days but does not include lodging.
- Do you want to feel closer and more connected to your partner?
- Are you in a good marriage but want a tune up?
- Are you tired of arguing? Do you want to start enjoying your relationship again?
- Would you like to stop feeling lonely and start feeling safe, secure and loved?
- Are you looking for a research based, fun, and interesting pre-marital education program?
If yes, we have the program for you!
Below, see a beautiful testimonial video.
Dr. Johnson’s most recent study, published late 2013, Soothing the Threatened Brain is a brain scan study showing that social relationships are tightly linked to health and well-being. Results suggest that EFT altered the brain's representation of threat cues in the presence of a romantic partner. These findings provide a critical window into the regulatory mechanisms of close relationships in general and EFT in particular.
"Hold Me Tight®" is a registered trademark to Sue Johnson.